cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maiden name question

tag
butterup14

maiden name question

can any married gals let me know how their personal information is displayed on credit reports. in my equifax CR, my married name is listed under the former names section, while my maiden name is listed first in the name section (essentially opposite of what is correct). it was never an issue until I was unable to understand my new credit utilization with the fico 8 upgrade. i am trying to narrow down the reason why my utilization rates are different with each model (not to mention across different agencies). I suspect it has something to do with authorized user accounts. this credit game is ridiculous.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: maiden name question

My maiden name is listed under my former name.  

As to why the util may be different, AU is listed on the actual TLs. Your name would have no bearing on your scores. 

Message 2 of 4
butterup14

Can anyone smarter than me explain if this is a potential problem?  I'm thinking since both names are listed, its not a big deal.  I would like to have my maiden name listed under the former name section (which would be correct), but I don't think I have the energy and fear the unintended and unforeseen consequences that seem to pop up when being pro active with credit reports. 

As a side note, I was looking into this because its where my last post "upgraded fico = incorrect utilization?" seemed to end.  User5387 said "FICO 8 handles AUs differently, and you may need to zero in on the details of how a determination is made of whether two people are related for AU purposes".  But what you are saying is that since the TL states Authorized User, my name has no bearing on score.

All this confusion is the result of my utilization going from 26% to 0% with the upgraded fico 8.  It is obvious fico 8 is excluding my AU account balances, and I'm trying to figure out why.  Without understanding it, I cannot hope to control it.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 4
butterup14

I should note that fico 8 is only ignoring my AU balances as it pertains to utilization.  Under "credit at-a-glance", the balance pre upgrade and post upgrade is the same. It's the "understanding your score" percentages that changed. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.