Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

mortgage score vs Fico 8

tag
damnedanddetermined
Established Contributor

mortgage score vs Fico 8

Can anyone tell me why my Fico 8 scores have all gone up this month (about 19-23pts each) but my mortgag scores have stayed the same...all but one and it dropped 7 pts. I just dont get it!

I thought I was finally able to apply for a mortgage, got all of my scores up from the 500s.....they are now at 629-630-651  but theres no way if my mortgage scores are 565-609-631

Why are they not moving?

Any insight is appreciated....thanks!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: mortgage score vs Fico 8

@damnedanddetermined wrote:

Can anyone tell me why my Fico 8 scores have all gone up this month (about 19-23pts each) but my mortgag scores have stayed the same...all but one and it dropped 7 pts. I just dont get it!

I thought I was finally able to apply for a mortgage, got all of my scores up from the 500s.....they are now at 629-630-651  but theres no way if my mortgage scores are 565-609-631

Why are they not moving?

Any insight is appreciated....thanks!

Lates and other derogatories, and installment utilization are the two big differences between FICO 8 and FICO 04, also FICO 8 calculates more on open tradelines whereas 04/98 is pure mix of credit AFAIK.  (FICO 98 does have the installment utilization issue).

If you have somewhat recent issues which it sounds like from your current scores, I saw a big change even between new and six months on FICO 8 with a tax lien, whereas FICO 04 (EQ Beacon 5.0) didn't move upward much at all.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.