Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiple credit inquiries from same lender

tag
busymomof3
Valued Member

multiple credit inquiries from same lender

Hi all,

I have multiple hard pulls from the same lender over a period of 3 months.  We were in the process of picking out a car and getting approved for the purchase.  Everytime I thougt I had found a car and they submitted it they said they could work with that car.  All of these inquiries are from Wacovia and from the same auto dealer.  I wasn't aware that they were going to pull a history everytime i told them what car i wanted.  I ended up with 5 inquiries over the 3 months.  We finally did end up getting a loan, but now I have all these inquiries.  How do I go about getting these removed except for the last one.  They never gave me a straight answer as to the type of vehicle I was approved for and I feel once they had my history they didn't need to pull it again.  Any advice.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: multiple credit inquiries from same lender

@busymomof3 wrote:

Hi all,

I have multiple hard pulls from the same lender over a period of 3 months.  We were in the process of picking out a car and getting approved for the purchase.  Everytime I thougt I had found a car and they submitted it they said they could work with that car.  All of these inquiries are from Wacovia and from the same auto dealer.  I wasn't aware that they were going to pull a history everytime i told them what car i wanted.  I ended up with 5 inquiries over the 3 months.  We finally did end up getting a loan, but now I have all these inquiries.  How do I go about getting these removed except for the last one.  They never gave me a straight answer as to the type of vehicle I was approved for and I feel once they had my history they didn't need to pull it again.  Any advice.

Did you authorize a credit pull every time? Was that authorization part of the paperwork you signed during the sales process? Also some of those inquiries may be considered to be combined as one, but not all of them - they are spread out over too long a period of time. You can't dispute an inquiry, so best way of going about any deletions or recodings is to go back to the requesting party and ask them to make an adjustment. They can do it - but do not have to do it. It's not at all clear here that they have actually done anything wrong.
Message 2 of 5
busymomof3
Valued Member

No it wasn't part of the sales paperwork and I didn't know they were going to pull a report everytime I submitted a vehicle and they rejected the one I picked.  Either the vehicle was to old or the mileage was too high, but they never told me what exactly the criteria was on the vehicle they wanted to finance. 

This is how they appear on my report.

July 20, 2009 Wachovia Dealer Services

June 29, 2009 Wachovia Dealer Services

June 29, 2009 M&I Bk Dlr Fin-534005

May 13, 2009 Wachovia Dealer Services

April 20, 2009 Wachovia Dealer Services

April 20, 2009 Suburban Ford Sterling H

I know that the april ones were considered together.  The may one was by itself, the june ones are together, and the july one by itself.  Originally I was trying to finance a new car, and the bank said they would only finance a used car.  Then I had trouble finding a car they would finance.  Then I finally decided to utalize the cash for clunkers program and they apparently ran my credit again with a new car but i couldn't pick it up before july 20, then the day I picked up the new car they ran it again.  Am I correct in saying that all these inquiries cost me 10% on my score.  My TU score is now 565.  If it cost me 10% that would be about 50 points.  Is that assumption correct.  If it is only a few points then I am not concerned, but if it is 50 that is a big drop.  

Would I have to contact Wacovia directly about the inquiries or the dealer?  Thanks for your imput.

Message Edited by busymomof3 on 08-23-2009 12:21 AM
Message 3 of 5
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

I would start by taking that report to the dealer, showing them what happened and trying to work it out. That would be the best and easiest way to get this done. Ask and see what happens.
Message 4 of 5
busymomof3
Valued Member

thank you, i will try that.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.