Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my FICO score "unavailable"? any ideas?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

my FICO score "unavailable"? any ideas?

I just tried to purchase my FICO score at equifax dot com and was told although they COULD find my credit report my score is "unavailable". It gave me a phone number to try at equifax and the person there also was not able to get my FICO score to be available. She said it may be that my credit report needs to be consolidated? before it can show a score? TransUnion shows me at a 660 score right now though. Anyone know what is going on with my situation at equifax?

Been trying to buy a car, and the car dealers have been pulling up a zero credit score from me from equifax. I assume because my score is not available.

Does this make sense to anyone?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: my FICO score "unavailable"? any ideas?

Have you tried here?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

yup just tried here to get my EQUIFAX FICO score HERE too - I won't give me anything. TransUnion score works fine though. The reason has something to do with Equifax. I just finished paying off 2 cars this year and I am on the 10th year of my home mortage...and Equifax gives me no score... or score unavailable, when TransUnion gives me a 660 FICO. At least I don't get charge the 15 bucks to get the score from anyone...because they can't provide one from Equifax. Here is the mesage I got here on myFico -

Thank you for your interest in Score Power®.

We regret we are unable to fulfill your Score Power order request because your credit report does not currently contain enough information to meet the minimum scoring criteria required to calculate a FICO® score. In order for a FICO® score to be calculated, a report must contain:

1. At least one account which has been open for six months or more.
  2. At least one account that has been updated in the past six months.
  3. No indication of deceased on the credit report.

The minimum criteria is designed to ensure that there is enough recent information in the report on which to base a FICO® score.

If interested, you may obtain a copy of your Equifax Credit Profile™ online (without FICO® score) by clicking here, which will link you to Equifax who will process your request.

Your credit card has not been charged for this request. You may see a pre-authorization for the purchase price on your credit/debit card. These funds are held temporarily and will not be posted as an actual charge.

Your credit report was accessed to provide this service, which will be reflected by a Fair Isaac inquiry that the credit bureau will post to your credit file. The Fair Isaac inquiry is labeled such that it will not affect your credit rating.

Thank you
myFICO® Customer Care

Message 3 of 4
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

I presume you credit that meets the FICO score criteria to get a score.  Show below

1. At least one account which has been open for six months or more.

2. At least one account that has been updated in the past six months.

3. No indication of deceased on the credit report.

I would go annualcreditreport.com and get your Equifax credit report. You are not interested in the score at this point you need a copy of your credit report. Once you have your credit report you can call Equifax. Call ask ask them how credit profile(s) they have for you. A credit profile is created each time at the bureau due to differences in name or address and generation code. You may more than one profile that needs to be combined. Also explain to the representative the problem you are having in getting a FICO score. Let us know what the results are.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.