Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my experian score will not rise

tag
gearsofwar421
Established Member

my experian score will not rise

Hi guys new here I was wondering why it seems like experian is the hardest score to raise.I been rebuilding my credit for 2 years now my transunion is a 660 my equafax is a 661 but experian is a 587 I have no collection accounts and one judgment that I had deleted and I have two credit cards with no late payments can some one shed some light on this for me thanks a bunch
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

Re: my experian score will not rise

A couple of questions.

1.  Where are you getting your scores?

2.  How similar or dissimilar is the information across your three reports?

Message 2 of 5
gearsofwar421
Established Member

I get my scores from my fico .com I have nothing im collections or jugdments and all . The info is the same on all 3 its just experian is way lower and should I get more credit catds I only have 2 at the moment I heard u should have 4 open lines of credit with good payment history
Message 3 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@gearsofwar421 wrote:
I get my scores from my fico .com I have nothing im collections or jugdments and all . The info is the same on all 3 its just experian is way lower and should I get more credit catds I only have 2 at the moment I heard u should have 4 open lines of credit with good payment history

Something sounds off here.  Before doing anything else, I would suggest posting exactly what is in your credit report (leave the account numbers out, but open date, reported history, current balance and credit limit, dispute flags, comments, etc on it)

The 4 tradeline recommendation is a traditional underwriting standard, when we're talking building credit for getting approved for various things, makes sense to satisfy all the requirements, but 2 years clean history on 2 credit cards should be higher than what you've reported on a FICO 8 model which the EX score here is.  For that matter, the rest of your scores should be higher too from what you've described... either there's something still reporting as a non-trivial negative, or the tradelines are in dispute, or something akin to that.

        
Message 4 of 5
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@gearsofwar421 wrote:
Hi guys new here I was wondering why it seems like experian is the hardest score to raise.I been rebuilding my credit for 2 years now my transunion is a 660 my equafax is a 661 but experian is a 587 I have no collection accounts and one judgment that I had deleted and I have two credit cards with no late payments can some one shed some light on this for me thanks a bunch

If you pulled all three of your scores from myFICO, I can't see how you would end up with scores in the 660s, much less 587. Forgive the question, but  you have absolutely no judgments, BKs collections, or lates on all three of your reports? Are you certain that your judgment has been deleted? Something must be off.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.