Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my first 720 score since 2009

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

my first 720 score since 2009

After years of late payments, $50,000 credit card debt (now 0), $125,000 home equity line of credit abuse (down to $108K) and other miscues due to mental illness and addiction, I have gotten my score up to a respectable 720 on TU Fico (discover).  My student loans were paid by the government (disability discharge) and it showed up this month.  My other scores are 707 Experien (AMEX), 715 Experien (Discover Credit Scorecard) and 693 (Fico Mortage-Bank of America).  I don't know what Equifax is but my fako score is 748 (719 was my auto equifax fico in May 2016).  I'm considering a refi of my HELOC and maybe applying for the CSR in January when I slip under the 5/24 rule.  It depends on my health and travel plans next year.  My CSP will be two years old in January along with my NFCU Cash Rewards.  I got 4 cards last year and one this year (AMEX BCE in June).  I have six currently.  I had lots of pulls this year due to a move, a new car, the prequal on the refi and the BCE.  Still, after all that, a 720 score!  Up 17 points this month.   All but two late payments will fall off next year.  My last lates (30, 60) was in September 2013.  I'm 55, rent in Arizona, HELOC is in Massachusetts and get $50K in disability income.  Very fortunate...and sober and over two years since I placed a bet.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: my first 720 score since 2009

@Anonymous wrote:

After years of late payments, $50,000 credit card debt (now 0), $125,000 home equity line of credit abuse (down to $108K) and other miscues due to mental illness and addiction, I have gotten my score up to a respectable 720 on TU Fico (discover).  My student loans were paid by the government (disability discharge) and it showed up this month.  My other scores are 707 Experien (AMEX), 715 Experien (Discover Credit Scorecard) and 693 (Fico Mortage-Bank of America).  I don't know what Equifax is but my fako score is 748 (719 was my auto equifax fico in May 2016).  I'm considering a refi of my HELOC and maybe applying for the CSR in January when I slip under the 5/24 rule.  It depends on my health and travel plans next year.  My CSP will be two years old in January along with my NFCU Cash Rewards.  I got 4 cards last year and one this year (AMEX BCE in June).  I have six currently.  I had lots of pulls this year due to a move, a new car, the prequal on the refi and the BCE.  Still, after all that, a 720 score!  Up 17 points this month.   All but two late payments will fall off next year.  My last lates (30, 60) was in September 2013.  I'm 55, rent in Arizona, HELOC is in Massachusetts and get $50K in disability income.  Very fortunate...and sober and over two years since I placed a bet.

Wow.  Just wow.  You were battling on multiple fronts and made it through. Awesome! 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: my first 720 score since 2009

Congrats!  You really deserve to feel glad for yourself.  I'm glad for you for many reasons for overcoming this, mental illness is hard, as is addiction.  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.