cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my score went from 620 to 575 in 1 month? why?

tag
Sk323i
Regular Contributor

my score went from 620 to 575 in 1 month? why?

so -- its true my cards were maxed out. I have since paid down each one of them by $100 - $200. 

I'm still at like 90% util. 

I was at 90% util for a month or so before too. It didnt impact my score 50 points. 

I'm thinking that I have a bill from a health care provider or something that went unoticied any is now in collection. 

How do I get a report that shows why my score went down so much in 1 month?

I'm current on everything I know about. for the most part

WHat is the best most comprehensive way to find everything on your current credit profile?

525 score as of 9/2015 --- only way to go is up!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: my score went from 620 to 575 in 1 month? why?

Buy your credit report in question, otherwise it's all conjecture. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are a few different ways to see what is influencing your credit score. Annualcreditreport.com will give you free details on everything on your credit report except your score once a year. CreditKarma will tell you most things on your credit report for free including a score, although they use Vantage score and not FICO. Or, you could spend money and get a comprehensive report from MyFICO.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You don't sound very confident regarding the absence of baddies on your report.  You said you think you're current "for the most part" - anything short of 100% is "bad" and is going to kill your score not just now, but for the next 7 years.  If you last 45 points and your utilization hasn't changed, no doubt a negative item was introduced into the equation.

Message 4 of 6
newhis
Valued Contributor

You can get a free report and FICO score each month at freecreditscore.com

You can use CreditCheckTotal.com to get a credit report and score from each bureau for $1 (trial period that you may want to cancel before it ends).

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

First step is always pulling all 3 reports from annualcreditreport.com and going through them.

Services like CK and others are fantastic for data access, and there's a couple of free Experian sites to pick up that bureau which CK doesn't cover, but starting out go to the source and see what they have explicitly as ultimately they are the source of truth.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.