cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO Same account added as New Account Twice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFICO Same account added as New Account Twice?

So last week my Chase Freedom was added to my EX report and the score went up by 11. A few minutes ago, I got an alert with "New account has been detected in your Experian data" for the exact same card and my score dropped by 16. Is this normal to have the same account with this alert description?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: myFICO Same account added as New Account Twice?

@Anonymous wrote:

So last week my Chase Freedom was added to my EX report and the score went up by 11. A few minutes ago, I got an alert with "New account has been detected in your Experian data" for the exact same card and my score dropped by 16. Is this normal to have the same account with this alert description?

Maybe; I don't know how the monitoring solution decides this account = current account on some things; when you get a new tradeline reported it's not uncommon to get some cleanup of it on the second report and that can change the details enough trigger the "new account!" alert. 

Have seen that previously.  Hard to say on the scores, before/after report really clutch in these situations.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.