cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFICO TU Quarterly FICO Score n Cap One TU FICO Score..20 Pts Difference !

tag
Ms-Kato
Contributor

myFICO TU Quarterly FICO Score n Cap One TU FICO Score..20 Pts Difference !

I have TU Quarterly and pulled my first report on the 28th of Oct 2011 and my FICO Score showed it as 673 .

On the 26th of Oct  I applied for a Cap One CC and was approved. Today I get a letter from Cap One explaining terms

with my TU FICO Score which is dated the 26th when it was pulled . My FICO Score is 653 on the CAP ONE pull which

was before the myFICO Quarterly TU pull.

How is this possible that myFICO TU has a higher score and the Cap One

pulled has me 20 points lower ?...I didn't apply for any other CC's for well over 7 years . I only applied for 1 CC 13 months ago.

The only other cards I applied for recently were after the cap one which can't change my score because they didn't exist

until after the CAP ONE .

I do expect some difference in points but not 20 points !  Why is there a 20 point difference ?

Shouldn't the TU Quarterly FICO score have the most recent score like Cap One being I pulled it after the Cap one was pulled ?

PS: No new negatives have been added to my report..if anything..Negs were removed.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: myFICO TU Quarterly FICO Score n Cap One TU FICO Score..20 Pts Difference !

If I had to guess and it's only a guess the difference in the scores is for 2 reasons:

1. Cap 1 used TU04 and not the TU 98 from myFICO and

2. Cap 1 might have used a CC enhanced flavor of TU04.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 9
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

If I had to guess and it's only a guess the difference in the scores is for 2 reasons:

1. Cap 1 used TU04 and not the TU 98 from myFICO and

2. Cap 1 might have used a CC enhanced flavor of TU04.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Hi

Which is the newer version TU04 or TU 98 ?

I'm still new at this so somethings haven't stuck to my eyelids yet Smiley Surprised

Thanks !

Message 3 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Bluerain wrote:

Hi

I'm still new at this so somethings haven't stuck to my eyelids yet Smiley Surprised

Thanks !

TU04 is the newer of the two but TU08 is the newest version and I don't think many lenders are using TU08 yet.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 4 of 9
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Bluerain wrote:

Hi

Thanks !

TU04 is the newer of the two but TU08 is the newest version and I don't think many lenders are using TU08 yet.

So where does TU 98  stand in all this new stuff ?

Message 5 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Bluerain wrote:

I'm not sure what you're asking. Although it is the oldest version currently available according to a myFICO spokesman there are still millions of TU98 pulls made every year.

I think all of us though are frustrated that the newer versions of TU are not for sale here.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 6 of 9
Ms-Kato
Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Bluerain wrote:

I'm not sure what you're asking. Although it is the oldest version currently available according to a myFICO spokesman there are still millions of TU98 pulls made every year.

I think all of us though are frustrated that the newer versions of TU are not for sale here.

From a BK years ago to:

Dooohhhhhh I get it now and yes myFICO needs to

get on the horn with TU and cut a deal for the newest version.

It seems to me the industry is trying to squeeze myFICO out of this game...too much money

to be made off this scoring business and they want a bigger piece of the pie

or they want myFICO to pony up more $ for access .

It's All About The $ !

Message 7 of 9
Ms-Kato
Contributor

Anyone happen to know which version Walmart gets ?   Walmart lets u view your TU score once

a month for free..that's why I ask.

Message 8 of 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Bluerain wrote:

Anyone happen to know which version Walmart gets ?   Walmart lets u view your TU score once

a month for free..that's why I ask.

Threre has been much discussion about that. Nothing official has been announced as to what TU version it is. But we don't think it's TU98.

From a BK years ago to:

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.