Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFico Transunion Score

tag
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

myFico Transunion Score

Just wondering...bought my TU Fico from myFico and it says I have 44% util (balance to high to available credit)...all of my other reports including Equifax myFICO say I have only 6%....what gives?

Is TU calculating closed accounts with balances also, or is it including my AMX charge card...even if it did shouldn't be at 44%.

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Juan123
Established Contributor

Re: myFico Transunion Score

out of the three agencies. TU is definitely the slowest. they probably haven't updated yet.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 2 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@suebee123 wrote:

Just wondering...bought my TU Fico from myFico and it says I have 44% util (balance to high to available credit)...all of my other reports including Equifax myFICO say I have only 6%....what gives?

Is TU calculating closed accounts with balances also, or is it including my AMX charge card...even if it did shouldn't be at 44%.

What cards are reporting on TU and are they different from EQ?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 7
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Juan123 wrote:

out of the three agencies. TU is definitely the slowest. they probably haven't updated yet.

+1. For me, EX updates first, then EQ, then eventually TU.

Message 4 of 7
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

+1 to card differences, if any.

Also, your TU FICO (TU98) factors in your Amex differently than EQ and EX. TU98 factors in the "high balance"  as a CL for your Amex charge cards and scores the balance. EQ (and EX) ignores the balance and high balance for util purposes. Newer versions of your TU FICO exclude it too.

Message 5 of 7
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

no, all the cards reporting with a balance are on all three reports.  I have read that this version of TU98 counts charge cards into the util. even though they are paid in full each month.  My Walmart TU (08) version is much higher by 30 pts. 

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 6 of 7
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@suebee123 wrote:

I have read that this version of TU98 counts charge cards into the util. even though they are paid in full each month.

I take it the reported monthly balance on the card is near the reported high balance? That could do it.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.