Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myFico and EX shows new account added but score differences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myFico and EX shows new account added but score differences

Hi everyone! Smiley Happy

I got an alert from myFico indicating that a new account was added to EX and that EX Fico 8 score went up 4 points.  I also got an alert from EX monitoring service also indicating that a new account was added, but it doesn't show a score change.  

Why does myFico show a 4 point increase and EX doesn't  - both for Fico 8.  Before the newly added account, both myFico's EX and EX Fico 8 score matched.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: myFico and EX shows new account added but score differences

My guess is that the monitoring solutions are slightly out of sync.  EX is something of a wierd duck from a product perspective at MF, and no I don't know which one is correct for this point in time right now Smiley Happy.

4 points is a small change though, something like going over a number of revolvers with balances breakpoint... wouldn't worry about it.

        
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

My guess is that the monitoring solutions are slightly out of sync.  EX is something of a wierd duck from a product perspective at MF, and no I don't know which one is correct for this point in time right now Smiley Happy.

4 points is a small change though, something like going over a number of revolvers with balances breakpoint... wouldn't worry about it.

I guess I'll have to wait and see if they get back in sync. Since it's an increase, ofcourse I want myfico to be right!  Smiley Tongue  Thanks for the input. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I guess I'll have to wait and see if they get back in sync. Since it's an increase, ofcourse I want myfico to be right!  Smiley Tongue  Thanks for the input. 

Today, they are in synch. Here is was looks like happened:

On 21st both Experian website and myFico website showed EX Fico 8 score 740:

On Experian website:

Alert received on 22nd that new PenFed account was added. No balance reported. Fico 8 score unchanged (740).

Alert received today that new Citi account added.  Balance reported (util 24%).  Fico 8 score unchanged (740).

net change 0

On myFico website:

Alert received on 22nd that new PenFed account was added.  No balance reported.  Fico 8 score increased +4 points (744).

Alert received today that new Citi account added. Balance reported (util 24%).  Fico 8 score decreased -4 points (740).

net change 0

So as of today, both websites show EX Fico 8 at 740.

Interesting enough, when I called myFico yesterday to ask about the 4 points difference for EX (myFico showing 744 and Experian showing 740), the rep said that EX does have that scoring model software and has the ability to generate the myFico score.  She said that something is probably going on with EX's monitoring service and I would need to call them to determine why the score was not reflected on their site.  She also said that the score that myfico shows is the score they received from Experian.  I guess I wasn't expecting that.  I would have thought that myFico would have generated the score based on the data received from Experian.  A topic for a different day, I suppose.  

Regardless, it seems to me if I did not have the myFico 3B product, I would not have known that each alert actually resulted in individual score changes. Makes me wonder if other monitoring sites - regardless of which ones - are only good for knowing if there was a change in my CR, but not much else.  Smiley Frustrated  

Message 4 of 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Today, they are in synch. Here is was looks like happened:

On 21st both Experian website and myFico website showed EX Fico 8 score 740:

On Experian website:

Alert received on 22nd that new PenFed account was added. No balance reported. Fico 8 score unchanged (740).

Alert received today that new Citi account added.  Balance reported (util 24%).  Fico 8 score unchanged (740).

net change 0

On myFico website:

Alert received on 22nd that new PenFed account was added.  No balance reported.  Fico 8 score increased +4 points (744).

Alert received today that new Citi account added. Balance reported (util 24%).  Fico 8 score decreased -4 points (740).

net change 0

So as of today, both websites show EX Fico 8 at 740.

Interesting enough, when I called myFico yesterday to ask about the 4 points difference for EX (myFico showing 744 and Experian showing 740), the rep said that EX does have that scoring model software and has the ability to generate the myFico score.  She said that something is probably going on with EX's monitoring service and I would need to call them to determine why the score was not reflected on their site.  She also said that the score that myfico shows is the score they received from Experian.  I guess I wasn't expecting that.  I would have thought that myFico would have generated the score based on the data received from Experian.  A topic for a different day, I suppose.  

Regardless, it seems to me if I did not have the myFico 3B product, I would not have known that each alert actually resulted in individual score changes. Makes me wonder if other monitoring sites - regardless of which ones - are only good for knowing if there was a change in my CR, but not much else.  Smiley Frustrated  

FICO consumer does get the scores from the bureau; actually historically the monitoring solution has been OEM'd from the bureaus individually (which is why they're all different) but there's been some tweaks made to the EX service by MF as frankly the monitoring there used to be pretty lackluster for what the people were getting here; it's been improved a lot over time in my opinion at least.

It's one of the reasons it costs so much unfortunately, the service here has to pay for the scores to the bureaus (who in turn has to pay FICO Business for licensing the algorithms) and I'm pretty certain they're not getting much if any in the way of discounts when it comes to it.  Sucks for consumers.

        
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.