cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myficao or fairissac stock traded publicly?

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: myficao or fairissac stock traded publicly?

@Anonymous wrote:

HTSU- I agree with the Mutual Funds-

I still have many individual stocks that I have hand picked over the years (including Google)

Well! Google? You are now my bestest, bestest friend!

Investing in individual stocks is a lovely idea, but not for people with severe ADHD who work two jobs. I was halfway to work today, three hours late, when I realized that I was wearing my fuzzy slippers and had left my wallet with drivers license at home. If I have to keep track of anything more than my 6 little TSP funds and 2 little Roth IRA funds, I'm doomed. Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL !!!!!!

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

HTSU- I agree with the Mutual Funds-

I still have many individual stocks that I have hand picked over the years (including Google)

Investing in individual stocks is a lovely idea, but not for people with severe ADHD who work two jobs. I was halfway to work today, three hours late, when I realized that I was wearing my fuzzy slippers and had left my wallet with drivers license at home. If I have to keep track of anything more than my 6 little TSP funds and 2 little Roth IRA funds, I'm doomed. Smiley Tongue

Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

All I remember about the summer Google went public was thinking that it was insane to pay $85 a share for it at IPO.

That was the summer I quit picking stocks.

Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

8/19/2004 -

cheddar wrote:
All I remember about the summer Google went public was thinking that it was insane to pay $85 a share for it at IPO.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Timothy wrote:
8/19/2004 -

cheddar wrote:

Oh believe me, I remember that date well. Smiley Very Happy

Was having lunch with some coworkers, and they were wishing they could get in on the IPO.  I told them they were nuts.

As a consolation prize, I did pretty well with MO that year.  But I really did quit picking stocks after that.

Mostly. Smiley Tongue

Message 15 of 16
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

OOh, that reminds me of my first year teaching.  I had some purple/black skort/suit thing on.  Somehow I put on brown tights with one navy shoe and one black shoe.  Funky bad!

I want to play with stocks, real stocks, but I asked my financial guy and he said I could only play around with about 600 bucks.  Shucks.  MF's, err, mutual funds just aren't that much fun.  I act like I don't even have a Roth IRA.  It's much easier that way.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.