Established Member
Yanzi2002

myfico late payment error

I just subscribed to myfico score watch and it shows a recent late payment within the last month. I'm unable to find out which account reported a late payment. I only have 2 open accounts. One credit card and a car loan that was just paid off. My question is why would they be showing a recent late payment on score watch when I can't find any record of it? I'm hoping this isn't dragging my score down. Do I contact myfico or the CBs? I'm trying for a mortgage and can't let a mistake hold me back.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: myfico late payment error

Yanzi2002 wrote:

I just subscribed to myfico score watch and it shows a recent late payment within the last month. I'm unable to find out which account reported a late payment. I only have 2 open accounts. One credit card and a car loan that was just paid off. My question is why would they be showing a recent late payment on score watch when I can't find any record of it? I'm hoping this isn't dragging my score down. Do I contact myfico or the CBs? I'm trying for a mortgage and can't let a mistake hold me back.

Look within your accounts page, including within the details of the accounts. What you want to look for is any older charged-off or collection account within the Accounts page that has a status or reported date of one month ago. Sometimes these baddies update monthly with added lates, even long after a charge-off, and that can reflect in the pos/neg items hurting your score.

Established Member
Yanzi2002

I checked every last account and can't figure it out. No new activity. I guess I'm confused because I had score watch about 2 months ago and this didn't show up as an issue. Now it's stating a new late. My open accounts are in good standing
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Look on the Accounts page of your FICO report. There's a red flag column. Look at every account that has a red flag within that column and I bet you'll find one with a recent date showing.

Established Member
Yanzi2002

Turns out it was a charge off that I recently paid off. I wish I would've known at 21 what I know now. Capital one has reported me as late every month since July of 2007. The current date wasn't showing on score watch. I called myfico and they searched for the answer after equifax couldn't explain. Thanks for the help though!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}