cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

myfico score different from credit union credit pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

myfico score different from credit union credit pull?

My myfico score i pulled yesterday was 629 (up from 550 6 months ago!!)  but i called my CU to get a new laptop and payoff my two credit cards, they informed me that my score was 676 for transunion!  why so different?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: myfico score different from credit union credit pull?

@Anonymous wrote:

My myfico score i pulled yesterday was 629 (up from 550 6 months ago!!)  but i called my CU to get a new laptop and payoff my two credit cards, they informed me that my score was 676 for transunion!  why so different?

Was the score you pulled from myFICO also a TU score? The score you get here is version TU98 and the CU might have pulled the newer TU04 but you'd need to ask them to confirm that.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes it was TU.  What is with this new version?  Does it still have a max credit score of 850?  Meaning if my CU requires a 680 to qualify for a conventional mortgage, that would mean i am 4 points away?

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

yes it was TU.  What is with this new version?  Does it still have a max credit score of 850?  Meaning if my CU requires a 680 to qualify for a conventional mortgage, that would mean i am 4 points away?

Here are some older threads talking about the differences between TU98 and TU04 that will probably explain it much better than I can.

And yes TU04 has the same score range (300-850) as TU98.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 5
GregB
Valued Contributor

If your CU says they want a FICO of 680 to qualify, it probably means they will want your middle score to be above 680. That means you will want two of your three FICO scores to be above 680. They may also be pulling mortgage enhanced scores that may be slightly different.

It might be a bit of an assumption to say "only 4 more points" but you are clearly getting close.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.