natenate

need help for fast rebuild

I need to rebuild my credit asap.  I am hoping to buy a house within the next 6 months.  I have had 3 charge off in the last 5 years total of 2000k now in collections.  However, I did just pay them in full, but was unaware of pfd's.  I have an auto loan with 3 late payments from changing jobs in the last 6 months.  I finaced 20k and have paid 8000k.  My scores are 563, 547, and 498.  I have just opened a First Premire card with inital 350 credit line.  I have no other debt or credit lines.  Besides the usual pay on time routine, what can I, and should I do to raise my scores and see an immediate increase?  I need any advice you can think of.  My charge off were from Cap1 and HSBC.  Should I apply for another card or sit tight.  Please help.
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Re: need help for fast rebuild

This is going to be challenging to pull off in 6 months.
You are really going to want 12 months of "clean" payment history w/ no lates.

Start be disputing the CA's "Not mine"

Send GW letter to the Auto loan- If ever in this situation again CALL THEM - they are more understanding before there is a problem than after the fact.

Goto you local CR and open an account (or your existing bank) and get a secured card. BofA has a 99/500 (you have to be offered it after being denied a regular one)

Keep records of your Rent payments- make sure they are on time.

Keep records for you utilities (phone, cell, cable, power, electric)and pay them on time.

Save 3-5% for a downpayment.

This will get you into a position to do a FHA loan.

natenate wrote:
I need to rebuild my credit asap. I am hoping to buy a house within the next 6 months. I have had 3 charge off in the last 5 years total of 2000k now in collections. However, I did just pay them in full, but was unaware of pfd's. I have an auto loan with 3 late payments from changing jobs in the last 6 months. I financed 20k and have paid 8000k. My scores are 563, 547, and 498. I have just opened a First Premire card with initial 350 credit line. I have no other debt or credit lines. Besides the usual pay on time routine, what can I, and should I do to raise my scores and see an immediate increase? I need any advice you can think of. My charge off were from Cap1 and HSBC. Should I apply for another card or sit tight. Please help.

Revelate

Re: Need help for fast credit score rebuild

Revelate

Re: Need help for fast credit score rebuild

Old thread.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}