Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help understanding SW alert

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

need help understanding SW alert

Last week I got a SW alert and I'm not really sure I understand what it means.

"Your FICO score may have gone up because the following 3 factors are not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

• You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.
  • You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.
  • You have a short credit history."

First, is it saying that all of these could have changed my score?  In other words, all of these things did happen, it's just uncertain which (if any) actually caused the score jump?

Or is it just throwing out random possibilities that may or may not apply right now?  (Kinda like when you get a score jump without a credit alert.)

-Jono

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: need help understanding SW alert

jsbach1982 wrote:

Last week I got a SW alert and I'm not really sure I understand what it means.

"Your FICO score may have gone up because the following 3 factors are not hurting your FICO score as much as before:

• You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.

You must've gotten below a threshold ie. max'd, 50%, 30% or 10%

• You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.

Baddie had a birthday?

• You have a short credit history."

Again, this hit a threshold of some sort, 2 yrs perhaps.

First, is it saying that all of these could have changed my score?  In other words, all of these things did happen, it's just uncertain which (if any) actually caused the score jump?

Or is it just throwing out random possibilities that may or may not apply right now?  (Kinda like when you get a score jump without a credit alert.)

-Jono

These are my guesses as to what could've happened.

Message Edited by ByrdMan on 11-10-2008 02:06 PM

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.