Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need some help fixing my TU score...

tag
maxedout
Valued Member

need some help fixing my TU score...

Long story short had a bankruptcy due to illness 3 years ago. All accounts were discharged under federal bankruptcy court and I made sure the credit report errors were fixed to reflect each discharged account to read "discharged under chapter 7 bankruptcy". I did however apparently miss 2 capital one cards that I was unsure if they were legit or not. The bk documents didn't list full card numbers and both card account numbers were almost identical. I figured this to be an error and had them investigated (this only showed up as a problem on transunion). I haven't ever missed a payment since the bk 3 years ago and during the investigation, I noticed that my TU report denoted that I had a missed payment in the past month. Odd, I looked into it and customer service on this site said to check old bk accounts. Sure enough, capital one had responded to my request for the investigation and somehow must have reported those accounts delinquent. I asked capital one to please report them as they should be "discharged in chapter 7 bk" and they did this about 45 days ago. However it still shows only on the TU report that I have had a "recent missed payment" which is false. TU cannot find anywhere that I have a missed payment. I am 100% certain that the capital one accounts are to blame considering their previous report date coincides with the "new" delinquent payment notice. Anyone have any clue how to solve this? TU lists "recent missed payment" in one of the 4 codes as a reason that is lowering my score. This is not true and it seems TU is of no help. This has caused a 100 pt difference in my TU scores versus EQ and EP. Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: need some help fixing my TU score...

Dispute it with the CRA. Tell 'em it's inaccurate.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.