Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nervous about checking my scores

tag
miz
Contributor

nervous about checking my scores

The last credit report I got was in December when buying a new vehicle (other vehicle totaled in accident), and my score was 523.  Since then I have paid off a charged off account which will go to paid as agreed once reported, paid off a credit card,  paid a judgment (medical bill, going to HIPPA this week) and my old car loan was paid off also.  I did, however have to get a small note on the new vehicle.  What kind of changes can I expect to see?  I am anxious but very nervous about what I will see.  Should I expect improvement in my score with these changes I have made? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: nervous about checking my scores

You could see some changes. The new car note would drop your scores a little because it is new, but the damage will wear off over the next 3-6 months or so.

Paying any CO will not help your scores, however, if it is a CC CO, and if you paid it off completely, you would likely get a large bump in score because of the utilization (if factored in) and you prevent more damage in the future; no need to worry about a CA or PR.

Paying the judgment likely won't help the score, but it does put you in a batter position to remove it later.

IMO, your score very likely wouldn't decrease and it is likely you'd see a bump.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: nervous about checking my scores

I am a complete novice at this. My thoughts are you have the potential for a jump depending on what other

info is on your report. If you have a lot of other bad info like late payments, to many inquires, uti still high. you might not see a jump.

There is only one way to find out, I say go for it, only way to take control is to stay on top of it for better or worse, so to speak Smiley Very Happy

time is a great equalizer in fico.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.