Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

new credit

Good morning to all my question is about new credit as it ages with on time payments will my score go back up?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: new credit

Welcome to the forum.

The short answer to your answer is yes, it will help your score go up. The more history and age, the more it will help. The things that you need to be aware of is make sure you make your payments on time. The other is watch what balance gets reported. If you have a card with a $10k limit and each month you spend $5k on it, if you let the statement close with a $5k balance your utilization on the card will report at 50%. Do your best to not let the card report more than a 20% utilization, and the same goes for total credit utilization. If you have more than 1 card, try to let only 1 card report a balance and a minimal one at that.

Message 2 of 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Good morning to all my question is about new credit as it ages with on time payments will my score go back up?

Yes, time heals all wounds.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

The u so much for your response and sharing your experience I will definitely heed your your advice once again thx you for taking tell the time to respond

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Than you for your words of encouragement 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.