cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*new error in Sallie Mae reporting* WTH happened - why is FICO contradicting itself? Please help!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Score not back up yet

I score went down by 143 points last Friday and I am still waiting for an update.  Should I order a credit report/score?  Or should I wait for a credit alert?
Well I guess I wait for a couple more days.
Message 191 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Score went down by 120 Points...then went back up again. BUT that messaging is still there. Is there any LEGAL information out there that says SALLIE MAE is REQUIRED to report these are "partial payments". The reps said they had to "report" the graduated payment plans this way. I can't find any information regarding this. Does anyone know what the hell they are talking about?
Message 192 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

My husband's score has not bounced back yet either. How much time do we give this and what do we do, whom do we call if nothing changes? He called SM to follow up and, like someone else guessed, was told that they sent out reports to correct their errors. I guess it is just a matter of time. It is just stressful to see that others have had the problem fixed and we haven't. This whole mess is just stressful, period.
Message 193 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

If possible I would just keep calling. I mean that's the thing it seems like a lot of noisy people had their scores go back up, what about those who didn't call and just who plain don't know. However my score did drop on Friday so I would give some thought to the notion that if your score dropped later in the following week, it might take an extra day or so.
Message 194 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is the contact I have from SM Robert 570-821-6510 X 6510, or Toll Free 1888-545-4199 X 6510.  This guy really seems to know what is going on.  I suggest giving him a call.

Michelle
Message 195 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got all of my points back today, and my score took the hit last Friday. Yesterday, I called SM and the lady told me that SM had just gotten my dispute letter and sent the correct info to the credit bureau. So if anyone wants to move things along, I'd recommend doing a dispute letter.

SM also offered to mail me a letter regarding the whole incident in case I need it. I told them to go ahead and send it so I'll have a record of it in case something fishy pops up down the line. SM told me that if I needed to have my credit check within the next 3 - 6 months, then I should get the letter. I don't know if that means they won't have everybody fixed until then, but I recommend getting a letter just in case.

The customer service rep also asked if I'd like her to lower my SM monthly payments or lengthen the term of my loan. I told her "JEEZ NO!! Don't change anything else about my loan while you're in the middle of this mess!!!" lol I guess that was their olive branch... But if you COULD use a little help with your SM loans, and you've been hurt by this fiasco, I figure you're in a good position to negotiate with them now. Smiley Wink
Message 196 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sallie Mae Fix with Score Watch Changes

When you got your points back did you get a score watch alert that the account is paid as agreed? Or did the points just randomly show back up? We got our points back, but with an alert regarding a different loan being paid off. My concern is I still have an alert that says this account is "partial payment agreement" blah blah blah. Is this going to be a situation like if you are 30 days late it always shows on your credit statement?
Message 197 of 214
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same for me, SW alert, pts went up but no SM notification

My score went down 45 pts and I got the SW alert last Saturday. Yesterday I rec'd another SW alert showing I went back up 45 pts but also related it to another account I had with Citi bank that showed the arrangements made for partial payments being updated with the notation taken off. No word on my Sallie Mae account on that alert. However I just pulled my TrueCredit reports and all my info is blank for Equifax today for my current Sallie Mae account. I know I have to be patient but it makes me wonder if I will go up anymore pts since that is the same notation on another account.
Message 198 of 214
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Same for me, SW alert, pts went up but no SM notification

I wonder if some of these things are happening because reports are being pulled while they're in the middle of their clean-up? So that maybe there are some in-between stages showing up or something.

If it was a million customers affected (I think I read that figure on one story), I'd say that they have a lot going on.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 199 of 214
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

Re: Still waiting for an update

It's amazes me how it only took a couple of days to mess up over a million accounts, but it takes a week to fix it.  I'm still waiting on my points.  Aaargh!
Message 200 of 214
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.