Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new fico version

tag
Rico23
Established Member

new fico version

I've heard that the new formula is focused more towards credit card companies and the old fico is used for mortgages . is this true and if it is where would auto loans fall under , would auto lenders go based of the new score or the original fico scoring ?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: new fico version

@Rico23 wrote:
I've heard that the new formula is focused more towards credit card companies and the old fico is used for mortgages . is this true and if it is where would auto loans fall under , would auto lenders go based of the new score or the original fico scoring ?

I wouldn't say it's more focused, I'd term it that is what they've gravitated towards for underwriting.

Auto loans are utterly seperate: major dealers and finance arms have been using the auto-enhanced industry option for years, and that's not available anywhere.  Personally I make a Oujia board estimation off FICO '08 and if I have installment history I call it good... if I don't, I subtract 50 points from my FICO '08 and hold my breath.  The sticky situation is on SL's, we're not certain if that counts as installment history as far as Auto-Enhanced industry option is concerned, really the only gold standards were certain of is a prior auto loan, and likely a mortgage, personal installment loans are a grey area, and SL's are worse than that.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.