Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# of Collections

tag
sh9730
Regular Contributor

# of Collections

Hi,

Anyone know how much weight is given to single collection vs multiple?  I have 2 collections that are both about the same age (really old, scheduled to drop off in June/Aug 08).  But , one of them I really dont recognize so I disputed it.  If it gets removed, will I see much score difference with just one vs two?  Especially given the age of em?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: # of Collections

sh9730 wrote:
Hi,

Anyone know how much weight is given to single collection vs multiple?  I have 2 collections that are both about the same age (really old, scheduled to drop off in June/Aug 08).  But , one of them I really dont recognize so I disputed it.  If it gets removed, will I see much score difference with just one vs two?  Especially given the age of em?

Thanks.

I would predict minimal improvement for two reasons.

1) The first collection hurts the worst.  The incremental damage from a second one is not as great as the first one.  If you have two and one drops off, you're only losing the incremental damage from the second one.  You still have one left, which is the one that hurts the most.

2)  A 6.5-year old collection doesn't hurt that much in the first place.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just got some collections removed..only about a 4 or 5 point difference for each one as they were all old..6.5 years 
 I read on this board someone got 40  points for a collection deletion ..wish I hadsmileyvery-happy:
Message 3 of 4
granny031350
Established Contributor

I have 7 coming off this year so at 4 points a pop, that is 28 points.  I will take it.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.