Regular Contributor
sh9730

# of Collections

Hi,

Anyone know how much weight is given to single collection vs multiple?  I have 2 collections that are both about the same age (really old, scheduled to drop off in June/Aug 08).  But , one of them I really dont recognize so I disputed it.  If it gets removed, will I see much score difference with just one vs two?  Especially given the age of em?

Thanks.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Re: # of Collections

sh9730 wrote:
Hi,

Anyone know how much weight is given to single collection vs multiple?  I have 2 collections that are both about the same age (really old, scheduled to drop off in June/Aug 08).  But , one of them I really dont recognize so I disputed it.  If it gets removed, will I see much score difference with just one vs two?  Especially given the age of em?

Thanks.

I would predict minimal improvement for two reasons.

1) The first collection hurts the worst.  The incremental damage from a second one is not as great as the first one.  If you have two and one drops off, you're only losing the incremental damage from the second one.  You still have one left, which is the one that hurts the most.

2)  A 6.5-year old collection doesn't hurt that much in the first place.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Regular Contributor
CRASMAKEMEPUKE

I just got some collections removed..only about a 4 or 5 point difference for each one as they were all old..6.5 years 
 I read on this board someone got 40  points for a collection deletion ..wish I hadsmileyvery-happy:
Established Contributor
granny031350

I have 7 coming off this year so at 4 points a pop, that is 28 points.  I will take it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}