Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

# of accounts

tag
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

Re: # of accounts

I am going to pay off all of my credit cards next month when I get my bonus, so that will go down to the $1 a month I leave on one account to show usage, so then I will be at 1% utilized.

I know I need time, I am only 23 after all, I am just happy as pie to have my new mortgage and a new car.

But I just can't seem to resist those tasty offers at cash registers for store cards.  They always get the best of me!

-----------------------
My favorite card right now: Fidelity Investment Rewards Visa Signature
Message 11 of 16
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

the two lates i have are one 30 days with discover, and one 30 day with BofA.  edit: i was in the hospital for 15 days, and couldnt work, but they didnt care and wouldnt put me on a payment program until i was 30 days late.  i was not very happy with them.

so the likelihood of getting those GW'd are VERY low from what i have read on these forums, lol

-----------------------
Message 12 of 16
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

@jthedges wrote:

I checked my FICO score today here, and it added my new Discover account, so now i have 30 total accounts, and it has a flag next to it saying its hurting my score.  Why is this?  I thought more accounts showed responsibility, etc.  I am confused.

Others are already helping you nicely. But I have a question though. When was your statement date? My card hasn't reported yet, and I'm curious.

Message 13 of 16
hedgeclipper2
Frequent Contributor

i'm not sure when the statement date was.  This account was reopened after I temporarily closed it to get my mortgage.  

-----------------------
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

@jthedges wrote:

I checked my FICO score today here, and it added my new Discover account, so now i have 30 total accounts, and it has a flag next to it saying its hurting my score.  Why is this?  I thought more accounts showed responsibility, etc.  I am confused.

I'm starting to see that, too, and on mine, it's including open and closed.

I don't think it means anything. Did a new negative appear on screen two on the left? I put a lot more faith in screen two than in the little flags on screen four. The negatives on screen two are the actual negative factors on the full reports, although as your scores go higher, fewer negatives are displayed. They're there, they just aren't displayed.

For me, the ding was two points for 30 (or more) accounts (whether open or closed) in your report.

Message 15 of 16
smallfry
Senior Contributor

I can't speak from personal experience on the point ding for 30 accounts in total but if you get enough age on you it is inevitable.Smiley Tongue I wouldn't worry about it but it does muck up a pretty picture don't it?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.