Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ok i recently closed my secure cap1 of 2 years

tag
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

ok i recently closed my secure cap1 of 2 years

when i closed my cap1 account for some reason my aaoa went up by 6 or 7 months  so now im wondering if i close my amazon and barclays will my aaoa go up even more does anyone know or was it some bizar freaky accident that made it go up please fill me in i have read the closing accounts posts and it didnt shed light on the subject in question thanks in advance

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ok i recently closed my secure cap1 of 2 years

@jayrock24 wrote:

when i closed my cap1 account for some reason my aaoa went up by 6 or 7 months  so now im wondering if i close my amazon and barclays will my aaoa go up even more does anyone know or was it some bizar freaky accident that made it go up please fill me in i have read the closing accounts posts and it didnt shed light on the subject in question thanks in advance

Per FAKOs and some FAKO scoring (e.g. like with CreditKarma), AAoA often excludes closed accounts. This isn't true with FICO. FICO fully scores and factors in closed accounts. So under FICO scoring, that closed CapOne still factored into AAoA. They'll continue to factor in for as long as they report.

Message 2 of 3
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

Re: ok i recently closed my secure cap1 of 2 years

oh ok didnt know that thanks and i am glad for the input cause i wasnt sure

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.