cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

once a score drops after new TL's reporting, when will it bounce back?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

once a score drops after new TL's reporting, when will it bounce back?

Lenght of history: 8Years

AAOA: 1.8Years

Total a/c's ( 9 inclucding 3 new), all revolving

Now 3 new accounts (CC) since last month start reporting, score dropped from 719 ( 3 weeks ago) to 651 as of today( EQ )

when I can expect to bounce back?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: once a score drops after new TL's reporting, when will it bounce back?

Most of the points will come back within 6 months with a final boost at the one year mark. You should recover fully by then.
Message 2 of 6
marty56
Super Contributor

I added a new CC account but my score didnt change.  Did your AAoA change?  Also did any of the new acounts report a balance?
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Your new accounts tanked your AAoA. Do you have any idea what it was before your new accounts reported? Getting it back over 2 will help and won't take too long. But if it was 3 or 4 before your appy spree it's gonna take a while. (It will go up one month per elapsed calendar month.)
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

the AAOA was 2.4 years  before the new accounts showed up,one thing I didnt mention My util went to 36% from 16% due to new accounts showing balance which is now paid and util should be around 5% once all the new bal's get reported

Message 5 of 6
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

AAoA: 2.4 y -> 1.8 y

UTIL: 16% -> 36%

Both changes FICO score unfriendly, but both very fixable. One will take time, the other money/time. Not the worst problems to have.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.