Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

paid off a couple cards.. what to expect in score

tag
chancep
Valued Member

paid off a couple cards.. what to expect in score

Hey guys I just paid off 2 cards and some other misc debt totally about 4,000. I have 3 cards total. My walmart card was at 990/1000. Usaa card #1 was also 990/1000 and Usaa card #2 was at 4950/5000. Current TU score is 625 with cards reporting at the same balance for the last 6 months. Now my cards are 0/1000, 0/1000, and 4700/5000. Ive got 2 paid off auto loans and one now that I owe 3k on. 2 60+ lates, one a couple years old and one from 2 months ago. Anyone care to take a guess any what kind of point increase I might see?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
chancep
Valued Member

Re: paid off a couple cards.. what to expect in score

Totalling*
I also had a 696 TU last november before I dug myself into CC debt. I was so close to 700! Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Is this a TU FICO you are looking at? If so, is util listed in the top slot? If so, then I guess maybe 10-20 mainly due to the added $0 balances. Maybe up to a hair more on EQ and EX FICOs.

Message 3 of 6
chancep
Valued Member

Its the walmart TU score. I believe its Fico. I also have my fako scores but I know they are far from accurate. Eq 596 ex 607 tu 618
Message 4 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Yep, it's a FICO. TU08.

Message 5 of 6
chancep
Valued Member

Well thats sort of a bummer. I was hoping unmaxing my credit limit and bringing it down to 60 something percent would. I hope youre wrong.. haha. Thanks.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.