Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

profile question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

profile question

Does it effect if you have a few addresses on your credit report? Reason being on mine it shows 4 or 5 in the last few years. I actually have lived at the same address for 14 years but when I was going through my divorce I had bills sent to other addresses due to my ex. Should I have those removed or does it not matter?Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: profile question

It doesn't affect your FICO score, but if you want to "clean up" the report, it wouldn't hurt to try to work with the CRA to fix it.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It might not affect your FICO score directy in the numerical score, but creditors look at residence stabiliity, so I would work hard to get it as clean as you can.  FICO is not the only thing that creditors look at when making credit decisions.  I get stupid BT and new CC offers allmost daily, and some even ask for recent residency info, even though my FICO score is well into the mid 700's.  They all go quickly into my trash can, but they are asking.... so clean it up!
FICO score is just a summary of your credit report.  Lenders look at credit reports.  Get it out of your credit report if inaacurate, even though you know that it is not cranked through the score algorithm part of the game.....

Message Edited by RobertEG on 03-14-2008 09:32 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes- I recently did a clean up of addresses-

Did anyone notice EX is now putting address ID's on the TL's?
These match up to addresses on the Address section-

This makes it easier- 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.