Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

psecu

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

psecu

Has anyone heard of this credit union? Ive heard a few people on these forums talk about it and said if your a member you can get your experian fico through there. Does anyone know this to be true or have heard anything on it?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: psecu

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone heard of this credit union? Ive heard a few people on these forums talk about it and said if your a member you can get your experian fico through there. Does anyone know this to be true or have heard anything on it?

Here is a very long thread talking about PSECU.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

You can get your true Experian Fico score by joining PSECU but you need to have either a checking account or a credit card. It will cost you an Experian inquiry for membership. I am a member and the free score is great. 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

smallfry....Do you need a minimum amount in the checking at all times? And does it update you when your score has changed?

Message 4 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I'm not smallfry, but since it's a credit union, you only need the minimum amount in a share account, $5 I think. (I have more in a checking account, because one day I'll get around to moving my car payment there.)

The EX FICO score appears every month, some time after your statement is posted. They'll send you an e-mail (if you sign up for this) when it posts.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Hauling...I went to there site and went to open an account but it says i need to know someone in the credit union or be related to join i think. Have any insight on this? maybe im wron ill look again but can anyone just join?

Message 6 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks Hauling...I went to there site and went to open an account but it says i need to know someone in the credit union or be related to join i think. Have any insight on this? maybe im wron ill look again but can anyone just join?

Did you open the link I posted about PSECU? It talks about how anyone can join now.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes but i get to the part after i put in ssn and dob then it ask if im a family member or employee which i am none...

Message 8 of 10
smallfry
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

yes but i get to the part after i put in ssn and dob then it ask if im a family member or employee which i am none...

You need to go to the first page of the thread Marine referenced. Join the Parks Association.

Message 9 of 10
donthaveany

Like smallfry said you will need to join Park & Rec first and send PSECU the membership information. Without the membership you will not be able to complete the application process then wait for the welcome package for your PIN #.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.