Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about fico and chargeoff

tag
rob22
New Contributor

question about fico and chargeoff

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone here has advise on a chargeoff which shows a balance but does not seem to figure in the fico score simulator.  In other words the balance does not show in the total revolving CC balance and it does not show up in delinquent balances in the fico score simulator.
The balance and past due amounts do show in the OC portion on the credit report but as far as I can figure this is not factoring into the current score. Charge off is about two years old. I would like to get it settled or removed but I am not sure of best approach.  Any suggetions would be appreciated. 
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: question about fico and chargeoff

COs aren't consider "delinquent." Delinquent items are past-due (30, 60, etc.). Once an item charges off, it ceases to be delinquent, and is just plain negative.
Message 2 of 3
rob22
New Contributor

Re: question about fico and chargeoff

Oh,I didn 't know that .
Does the charge off "negative" dilute with time or would it be possible to still deal with the OC (who seems to still have this account) to negotiate some sort of settlement? I am just afraid to do anything with this to put it in the recent activity category and thereby make the fico score reflect current problems. 
Any suggestions as to the least painful fico solution?  I would like to offer a PFD (settlment only as there are other issues with the OC records and the account is marked as "in dispute") but I am just not sure if I am asking for more trouble...I am surprised that this account has not been sold to JDB in the two years since CO is there any argument to be made to actually wait for the sale and attack the situation that way?

I would really appreciate any suggetions or war stories as to what you tried and what worked and what didn't.
Thanks for all your help  
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.