cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

questions...please help if you have the answers!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

questions...please help if you have the answers!!!

question 1 - i got two free power score reports after joining the service.  i have now used both of them.  do i ever get another free power score report, or do i have to pay for them from now on?  i was hoping maybe i get one per month or every couple months.  otherwise, i don't understand the point of paying for this service since i was already getting my free credit score (without the full report albeit) just by having a wamu card.

question 2 - my mortgage is showing a red flag because of a 30 day late which shows up as the first box in the long line of green boxes (i hope you know what i am talking about!).  in other words, this late is from may 2005, and looks to be the next to "drop off" my credit report as the months pass and the credit report is updated.  will the red flag disappear when this drops off?  i'm not sure, because above the green (and one red) boxes and months there is the other section which says that i had 11 lates, though 10 of them have now dropped off my reports (i have been current since may 2005).  will i always have a "red flag" on this account for as long as it shows up on my report (like 7 years or whatever the time frame is)?

thanks to anyone who responds to this!  i really appreciate your feedback and info.
steveSmiley Happy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: questions...please help if you have the answers!!!

Unfortunately, I can't help you with your first question, but the second one is as you said. It remains on the reports for up to 7 years from the date of delinquency. So even though you can't see the mark on the report beneath the account, it is still factored into your credit score and will be until 7 years after that date. They only show the past couple of years with the boxes for spaces. Good luck in getting those taken off. You can usually dispute them, or talk with your mortgage company to get those removed. Of course, there is not guarantee they will take them off.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: questions...please help if you have the answers!!!

Try the goodwill letter to your mortgage lender.  I had 3 (30) day lates and Countrywide got my letter/email and they corrected those lates and they were legit.  You just need to explain your situation as to why you were late.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.