Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"All Bankcard" balance change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"All Bankcard" balance change

I just got an alert on Myfico today that my "All bankcard" balance had changed. I got a 5 point bump for this. I have about 25% more overall credit card debt than what they stated as the balance. However, the balance they stated was similar to my visa/mastercard non-store card balances. Is this a factor with Transunion? Do they really separate the card types like that? I thought they were all combined. Maybe this is new with FICO 9..

Thanks!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: "All Bankcard" balance change

@Anonymous wrote:

I just got an alert on Myfico today that my "All bankcard" balance had changed. I got a 5 point bump for this. I have about 25% more overall credit card debt than what they stated as the balance. However, the balance they stated was similar to my visa/mastercard non-store card balances. Is this a factor with Transunion? Do they really separate the card types like that? I thought they were all combined. Maybe this is new with FICO 9..

Thanks!

1. You don't know that your 'bump' in score is or is not connected to the All Bankcard total balance alert.

2. I have always got that "All Bankcard" wording from TU. And it seems to refer to all of my credit cards (and none of my lines of credit).

I can't answer your question about store cards, though, because I don't have any. But I don't see why a store card wouldn't be considered a bank card, since it's invariably issued by a bank.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 3
iheartwings
Valued Contributor

Re: "All Bankcard" balance change

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

1. You don't know that your 'bump' in score is or is not connected to the All Bankcard total balance alert.

2. I have always got that "All Bankcard" wording from TU. And it seems to refer to all of my credit cards (and none of my lines of credit).

I can't answer your question about store cards, though, because I don't have any. But I don't see why a store card wouldn't be considered a bank card, since it's invariably issued by a bank.

I think the "All Bankcard" wording is something specific to TU and gets away from alerts for each individual account updating each month, unlike the other two CB that report "The balance on one of your accounts has increased/decreased by $xxx." I have no lines of credit, and it does not include store cards.

I also get random "Your score has decreased from xxx to xxx." or "Your score has increased from xxx to xxx." that has no reason to trigger. Maybe it's the phase of the moon.

FWIW, as for store cards, I let a balance once report on my Target card last November (prior to the upgrade). TU reports these separately - as "The toal balance on all your Retail Trades account(s) has changed. This amount is a sum of all Retail Trades balances." 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.