cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Amount of debt" not making any sense to me...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Amount of debt" not making any sense to me...

Just got my TU report and noticed that my "amount of debt" is rated "very good", not "great" even though I'm not carrying any balances whatsoever.

I borrowed a wrench from my neighbor last night to break-free crankshaft bolt on my car, do you guys think that FICO system is holding that against me?? Oh, and I also borrowed my brother's car last night..that oughtta hit my score real bad, right?

Anybody got any leads?

I must admit that FICO scoring is a contributing factor in my recent hair loss...

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: "Amount of debt" not making any sense to me...

Since this is TU, do you have any HELOC (home equity line of credit) debt?

I get this on TU with $0 CC debt, but a balance on my HELOC.

Or maybe a regular line of credit with a CL under $35-$40K or so?

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Since this is TU, do you have any HELOC (home equity line of credit) debt?

I get this on TU with $0 CC debt, but a balance on my HELOC.

Or maybe a regular line of credit with a CL under $35-$40K or so?

HELOC? heck, no...probably wont even contemplate getting one in my entire life.

regular cards under $35-$40k? yes, a couple Smiley Very Happy in fact, all of my cards (5 open an 2 closed) are well under that limit.

EDIT: you seem to have answers to all kinds of credit stuff, LOL

Message 3 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

lol, well, you've got me.

TU has always been, hands-down, the weirdest of my FICO scores. The revolving util frequently didn't match anything that I had going on, no matter how many different things I added in and pulled out.

But I have to love my TU report, because for some mysterious reason, they simply stopped reporting my lates. And this is on the full underlying report, not just on the myFICO version or whatever. Go figure... Smiley Very Happy

PS --what on earth are you doing with your poor siggy? Every time I look at it, it's morphed again. Smiley Very Happy It's like Salvador Dali doing siggies.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

About the TU weirdness...remember a month back I mentioned TU was only counting 6 inqs out of 30+? well guess what? now total inqs counting against me is 4 Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

EDIT: My siggy is ever expanding like me when I forget to run on the treadmill Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 11
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

You said that you are not "carrying" any balances. But are you letting any balances report to the CRAs?
Message 6 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

About the TU weirdness...remember a month back I mentioned TU was only counting 6 inqs out of 30+? well guess what? now total inqs counting against me is 4 Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

EDIT: My siggy is ever expanding like me when I forget to run on the treadmill Smiley Very Happy

I remember reading that post!  Do you use any particular monitoring service??

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lel wrote:
You said that you are not "carrying" any balances. But are you letting any balances report to the CRAs?

I know what you are trying to say. I'm not letting any balances report either Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BungalowMo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I remember reading that post!  Do you use any particular monitoring service??

No.No.No. don't mention the sacred B* Smiley Very Happy

I pull my Tu only from Myfico and this was only third time this year Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

OOPS!!  Smiley Surprised

I didn't say it!!!  Really, I didn't say that at all! 

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.