Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"HIGH CREDIT" EQUIFAX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"HIGH CREDIT" EQUIFAX

Anyone know if the "high credit" (historical) on my paper copy of my equifax credit report effects my FICO score. Example:

MASTERCARD

BALANCE : $1200

HIGH CREDIT: $12000

CREDIT LIMIT: $15000

I always pay on time and keep my reported balance below the 10% threshold.  I just never knew that "high credit" was reported.  It doesn't show in the online statement just the paper.  I was just worried it could be holding my FICO down.

Thanks for any wisdom

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: "HIGH CREDIT" EQUIFAX

As long as the CL is being reported, no.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

DREAMS847 wrote:
Anyone know if the "high credit" (historical) on my paper copy of my equifax credit report effects my FICO score. Example:

MASTERCARD

BALANCE : $1200

HIGH CREDIT: $12000

CREDIT LIMIT: $15000

I always pay on time and keep my reported balance below the 10% threshold.  I just never knew that "high credit" was reported.  It doesn't show in the online statement just the paper.  I was just worried it could be holding my FICO down.

Thanks for any wisdom

Actually looking at that I would give you a loan.  Your high credit is the higest balance you ever had on the card. If that is 12K and your current balance is 1200.00 I'd say you pay your bills.  As far as FICO is concerned, it wont hurt your scors in the least.  It probably affected then when you were at your high credit due to utilization but now its just a side note to say to anyone eyeballing it, yes you can trust this cust to pay their bills.  If your credit llimit wasnt reporting, that amoun wouldtake its place in the utilization calculations for most models, so you'd still be good with yur current utilization.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the good info.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.