cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

raising my score

tag
rlp

raising my score

I just found out my fico score is 635, versus my credit scores which vary from 686 to 725 which I was pleased with seeing go up. Now knowing that my fico score is what everyone looks at to purchase cars, homes, cc's, etc. I am bummed out!!! I have no CC debt, and the only installment loans I have are student loans. I have 3 of them. What can I do to raise my score. The only derogatory issue(s) I may have are my medical bills. I have alot of medical problems that I am trying to get taken care of, and being disabled, I sometimes have problems paying the bills.

What do I need to do to get my score up above 700????

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: raising my score

Message 2 of 3
bobebob
Frequent Contributor

Re: raising my score

@rlp wrote:

I just found out my fico score is 635, versus my credit scores which vary from 686 to 725 which I was pleased with seeing go up. Now knowing that my fico score is what everyone looks at to purchase cars, homes, cc's, etc. I am bummed out!!! I have no CC debt, and the only installment loans I have are student loans. I have 3 of them. What can I do to raise my score. The only derogatory issue(s) I may have are my medical bills. I have alot of medical problems that I am trying to get taken care of, and being disabled, I sometimes have problems paying the bills.

What do I need to do to get my score up above 700????

You should understand that the whole credit scoring thing is designed as a way for creditors to monitor risk. It's not personal, it's just business.

Any derogatory issues such as medical bills still count as debts you have not paid.

A proven history of bad debts will give you a low credit score.  Best you can do is to pay off the debts and re-build your credit history.

bobebob || Nov: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 822 ||Sept: Walmart TU Fico=838Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.