rlp
rlp

raising my score

I just found out my fico score is 635, versus my credit scores which vary from 686 to 725 which I was pleased with seeing go up. Now knowing that my fico score is what everyone looks at to purchase cars, homes, cc's, etc. I am bummed out!!! I have no CC debt, and the only installment loans I have are student loans. I have 3 of them. What can I do to raise my score. The only derogatory issue(s) I may have are my medical bills. I have alot of medical problems that I am trying to get taken care of, and being disabled, I sometimes have problems paying the bills.

What do I need to do to get my score up above 700????

guiness56

Re: raising my score

[ Edited ]
Regular Contributor
bobebob

Re: raising my score

rlp wrote:

I just found out my fico score is 635, versus my credit scores which vary from 686 to 725 which I was pleased with seeing go up. Now knowing that my fico score is what everyone looks at to purchase cars, homes, cc's, etc. I am bummed out!!! I have no CC debt, and the only installment loans I have are student loans. I have 3 of them. What can I do to raise my score. The only derogatory issue(s) I may have are my medical bills. I have alot of medical problems that I am trying to get taken care of, and being disabled, I sometimes have problems paying the bills.

What do I need to do to get my score up above 700????

You should understand that the whole credit scoring thing is designed as a way for creditors to monitor risk. It's not personal, it's just business.

Any derogatory issues such as medical bills still count as debts you have not paid.

A proven history of bad debts will give you a low credit score.  Best you can do is to pay off the debts and re-build your credit history.

bobebob || June: My FICO SW EQ(Upgraded Version) = 821 ||June: Walmart TU Fico=834Goal = FICO's>800 || In my wallet: CostcoAmEx(20k), DCU Visa Platinum (10k), BoA Visa Signature (17.1k), Walmart Discover (7.5k), AmEx Corporate (5k). All PIF every month.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+