Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(re)Bucketed?

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: (re)Bucketed?

I can only speak for myself. No changes in anything. Clean before clean now. 2 of 6 cards reporting balances now and then as well. Same dollar amounts across the two cards. Well under 4% of  credit limits per card and total available. Same reasons for score not higher. TU no installments open not long enough revolving history. EX short credit history not long enough revolving history. My EX has gone from 826 to 787 over the course of the past year. No credit report changes other than my cards have more age on them. My AAofA was 6 years a year ago close to 7 now. That wouldn't put me in a new bucket.

Message 11 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

Changes in your credit profile/characteristics will change the bucket you are in. Here are a couple of examples haveing derog information on your credit report to having no no derog information on you report.. Heavy credit utilization to some credit utilization (> 10%) The FICO score has several score cards. Another possible sign is a change in the score reasons shown on your report IE a new one(s).

Utilization is not a bucket.

Message 12 of 14
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Level of level indebtedness might be. The FICO score has about 10 scorecards or buckets. To my knowledge no one knows what the score cards or what they are composed of. If you do know name them.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 13 of 14
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@AndySoCal wrote:

Level of level indebtedness might be. The FICO score has about 10 scorecards or buckets. To my knowledge no one knows what the score cards or what they are composed of. If you do know name them.

If you haven't read this.  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Re-bucketing/td-p/1434216

I have nothing to show utilization is not a bucket but was told by a very reliable source it is not.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.