Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re:Fico score

tag
buggle
New Contributor

re:Fico score

I pulled my Equifax Fico score and got a 666.  i applied for a loan the same day, and the creditor pulled a 575 from Equifax.  What gives?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: re:Fico score

And so you pulled your EQ from myFICO the very day that your lender pulled your EQ FICO?

That's pretty odd. Was it an auto loan, by any chance?

There are FICO "industry-enhanced" scores that tweak the basic/ classic FICO score formula to better predict your risk for auto loans, or for credit cards, for instance. They come up with different scores from the classic EQ FICO.

The version of your EQ FICO sold here is the Beacon 5.0 version. Ask your lender what the precise name of the pulled score was.

Otherwise, it might have been an accident of horrendously bad timing, where something negative posted on your EQ report between the time that you pulled your report/ score and the time that your lender did.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.