Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

re-bucket???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

re-bucket???

I am in the slow slow slow process of rebuilding, and hopefully once my secured cards graduate i can get better limits mostly for UTIL. I know that sometimes you can get stuck in a bucket since when you apped for the card you had a lesser profile.

Does anyone know if you can get re-bucketed or do you just have to move on to another card?  I'd rather not lose the history, but at the same time, dont want to have a few cards that i have SD-ed due to toy limits.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: re-bucket???

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in the slow slow slow process of rebuilding, and hopefully once my secured cards graduate i can get better limits mostly for UTIL. I know that sometimes you can get stuck in a bucket since when you apped for the card you had a lesser profile.

Does anyone know if you can get re-bucketed or do you just have to move on to another card?  I'd rather not lose the history, but at the same time, dont want to have a few cards that i have SD-ed due to toy limits.

More information is needed in regards to who the lenders are.  TIA.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks kaykay..    its discover and cap1

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks kaykay..    its discover and cap1

Discover does have the potential to graduate, but my card didn't (another story entirely LOL) but there is mixed information on Cap 1; there have been some instances of it graduating, but not enough data points to say what might have triggered the change.  I had the secured Cap 1 card which did not graduate, but I closed it after I qualified for the Venture and QS.   As your profile improves, you will more than likely move on to better cards anyway,  with lower interest rates and better benefits, so to keep the history, SDing the card(s) would be the best option depending on what happens.

Message 4 of 8
Failingupwards
New Contributor

SDing the history? I missed that acronym.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover does have the potential to graduate, but my card didn't (another story entirely LOL) but there is mixed information on Cap 1; there have been some instances of it graduating, but not enough data points to say what might have triggered the change.  I had the secured Cap 1 card which did not graduate, but I closed it after I qualified for the Venture and QS.   As your profile improves, you will more than likely move on to better cards anyway,  with lower interest rates and better benefits, so to keep the history, SDing the card(s) would be the best option depending on what happens.

Both do have the potential to graduate from what i have seen. Discover seems like it could, maybe even in 7 months, but i have to wait. (sorry that yours didnt work out so well).  I'm just not sure if they would ever get to higher limits seeing as how they started out as secured.  I guess time will tell, and if i have to SD them, then just remember to put a $5 charge on it to keep open. I have heard of ppl getting multiple cap1 cards and just combining them to get a higher limit. Not sure i would want all those cap1 HP's tho.   Some even said they were able to pc to QS after graduation.  I have one of the newer secured and they say that the possibility of graduation (profile improving) is alot higher than if you got your card after 2016.   its the waiting thats the hard part lol

Thanks again.

Message 6 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Failingupwards wrote:

SDing the history? I missed that acronym.

SD is sockdrawer or in other words put the card away and not use it.

Message 7 of 8
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Capital one quicksilver one -- I was able to Pc to QS but no CLI. Score went from 580-740. Apped for Venture and approved 10000, now 30000. Discover still a low limit at 3300 and will not budge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.