Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rebucketing and credit alerts ?

tag
codedoctor
Valued Member

rebucketing and credit alerts ?

Would a change in FICO that was not accompanied by a credit alert indicate a rebucketing?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: rebucketing and credit alerts ?

Hi...let me clarify in my own mind...

Are you asking about if you get a Score Watch alert that your FICO changed, but there was nothing that prompted the alert...?

If that is the case...no. It doesn't mean rebucketing. I get those all the time. I have tied some of my alerts that aren't accompanied with specific things (like new accounts or new inquiries, etc.) to whether or not I have two credit cards showing small balances vs. three. My score bounces up or down a few points. Having a credit card not show a balance, however, is not an alertable event through ScoreWatch. That doesn't mean that it doesn't affect your FICO.

I know...my explanation is about as clear as mud. Is that what you meant?

Message 2 of 4
codedoctor
Valued Member

Thank you once again. Yes, that is exactly what I meant. And I now see what a newbie question it was. Though at the time...
Message 3 of 4
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@codedoctor wrote:
Thank you once again. Yes, that is exactly what I meant. And I now see what a newbie question it was. Though at the time...

Nope...it's not a newbie question. Score Watch is not exactly an intuitive thing to figure out at times. It took me a while to learn that.

I got an alert once where I gained a couple of points. That small increase came when it alerted me to an inquiry. The "reason" given for my point increase was that I had had an inquiry. Well...didn't think so. That's when I figured out that Score Watch is simply computerized and you have to take the "reasons" or lack of reasons with a grain of salt.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.