Established Member
codedoctor

rebucketing and credit alerts ?

Would a change in FICO that was not accompanied by a credit alert indicate a rebucketing?
Valued Contributor
Jazzzy

Re: rebucketing and credit alerts ?

Hi...let me clarify in my own mind...

Are you asking about if you get a Score Watch alert that your FICO changed, but there was nothing that prompted the alert...?

If that is the case...no. It doesn't mean rebucketing. I get those all the time. I have tied some of my alerts that aren't accompanied with specific things (like new accounts or new inquiries, etc.) to whether or not I have two credit cards showing small balances vs. three. My score bounces up or down a few points. Having a credit card not show a balance, however, is not an alertable event through ScoreWatch. That doesn't mean that it doesn't affect your FICO.

I know...my explanation is about as clear as mud. Is that what you meant?

Established Member
codedoctor

Thank you once again. Yes, that is exactly what I meant. And I now see what a newbie question it was. Though at the time...
Valued Contributor
Jazzzy

codedoctor wrote:
Thank you once again. Yes, that is exactly what I meant. And I now see what a newbie question it was. Though at the time...

Nope...it's not a newbie question. Score Watch is not exactly an intuitive thing to figure out at times. It took me a while to learn that.

I got an alert once where I gained a couple of points. That small increase came when it alerted me to an inquiry. The "reason" given for my point increase was that I had had an inquiry. Well...didn't think so. That's when I figured out that Score Watch is simply computerized and you have to take the "reasons" or lack of reasons with a grain of salt.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}