Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

refinance and impact on score

tag
16paws
Valued Member

refinance and impact on score

Good Evening All...

Does anyone know if a refinance has a postive/negative change in your score?  We are in the middle of refinancing our 1st and 2nd mortgages into a one mortgage, and have been waiting to finance a new vehicle thereafter.  I've been working hard on increasing scores over the last 3 months, (was 599, 609, 611 now 656, 643, 636)..i was told, which made sense, to hold off on the vehicle finance until after the closing, and that we may see an increase or decrease with the refi.  I know with these scores that a vehicle finance will be on the higher side - but I also read on this forum about an auto fico score?  We have had 3 financed vehicles over the years, never late on them, and paid 5 yr loans off in 3-4 years..If there is such a thing as an auto fico score, would that be used in addition or in place of "regular" fico scores? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: refinance and impact on score

Yes many lenders for auto's use the enhanced auto scores on top of your CR score.

How they determine between which score they will use I have no idea. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Here's a thread about FICO Auto Enhanced Scores.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 4
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Nice thread to know. 

Thanks marinevietvet

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.