Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removal of public recoed vs. fico score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

removal of public recoed vs. fico score

Sorry but I am venting frustration more than anything.  How is it that a public record, state tax lien, that was reporting since 2005 from the 2001 tax year that I have proven to be filed in error, I fought for the last month everyday to have it reported correctly, and the month before that proving that I never owed them taxes, only mistake I made was movng to California for one year, being removed from my report only raise my fico score by 4 points.  Really 4 points for a tax lien.

I fought Transunion for a month for 4 points!  My credit score right now is worse than when I started and I have had 4 negative accounts removed, paid down my credit card balances to around 9% and had a public record removed from my account and my fico score has gone from 635 to 598, how is this possible?

I know in the long run all of this is helping me out and will improve my score but really, three months of fighting the credit bureaus, State of California and others to have your score drop!!  Please!!  I must be doing it wrong.

Frustrated and annoyed

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: removal of public recoed vs. fico score

Suggested letter to the CRA:

This is a formal dispute under FCRA(a)(1)(A) for investigation with the alleged creditor, and further reinvestigation by you, as the Credit Reporting Agency, of the completeness and accuracy of information that you are currently including in my credit reports.

The facts of my dispute are as follows (recitation of facts)

The source for my dispute is very simple.  The reported debt was inaccurate.  I understand that you, as a credit reporting agency, only record initially what is reported to you.  But I also understand that section 611(a) of the FCRA puts you in a position to investigate any alleged negative informtion in your credit files that is disputed by the consumer, and to then condduct your own reinvestigation of the dispute, and convey your results back to me within 30-days of my request. FCRA 611(a)(1)(A).

If, by any chance, your reinvestigation under FCRA 611(a)(2) and your report to me under FCRA 611(a)(6)(A) and (B) should affirm the legitamcy of the debt, I futher specifically request that any report to me include, under the provisons of FCRA 611(a)(6)(b)(iii), "a description of the prodedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of information" that I have provided.  To make this request as concise as I can, in investigating this dispute, did you refer all information I provided to you, as required under FCRA 611(a)(2)(A), or only a dedacted versiion of my facts through your E-OSCAR process? Who did you refer it to, and what factual basis did they offer for verfication of the alleged debt that led you, in your re-investigation of all I provided, and what they did or did not supply, for your reinvestigation conclusion on the side of the alleged creditor?

Did they only convey to you an automated response through E-OSCAR?

FCRA 611(a)(6)(b)(iii) entiles me to that information.

Message Edited by RobertEG on 07-03-2009 02:44 AM
Message Edited by RobertEG on 07-03-2009 02:54 AM
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where did you get your scores from?  What remarks do you see as to what is impacting your score?  You might very well have been rebucketed. Are all derogatives off your reports now?

Robert, I believe OP was successful in having these items removed from his reports and is only asking why he lost points after their removal.

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 07-06-2009 01:53 PM
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Vee and Robert,

Thank you for your advice Robert but Vee is right.  I was successful in having this removed.  Vee, I get my scores from MyFico, I know they are the only true scores.  I think I know what is killing me right now, but if you don't mind a little history.  This is regarding my Transunion score, which was my median score at the time.

Original Transunion report dated Mar, 09 showed:

Public record:  State Tax Lien

AA= 9

1 CC with 2 late payments over 24 months old

1 store card that was listed as CO/Bad Debt

1 collection account from store card

5 seperate listings from 2 student loans that went into default:

2 from OC

3 from CA

1 Medical Collection Account

score = 635

Currently after have read this forum and others I have been able to reduce all of this to this:

July, 09

AA = 4

4 listings from 2 student loans that went into default:

2 from OC

2 from CA

I have removed the CC from a neg to pos by having the lates removed.  Moved the store card from a neg to pos and removed collection listing for said card.  Had medical collection removed and had state tax lien - filed in error removed from my account.

score = 593

How is that possible, that is were I am at and why I am frustrated.  I have gone from 9 negative accounts to 4 and my score has dropped.  I also have taken my CC util from about 50% down to about 9%, but still waiting on 1 card to report new balance.

I said that I think I know the problem and here it is the CA for my student loans, which I am in repayment on since February through a different company, I believe started reporting this as a collection account monthly for late payments.

Current MyFico /Hurting my score/:

Serious Delinquency

Recent Missed Payment

Bad Payment History

Past Due Balances

Old MyFico Report:

Delinquency + Public Record

Bad Payment History

High Credit Usage

High Account Balances

Sorry for the wealth of information but I have gone as far as I can on my own and need advice on how to proceed from this point.  Thank you for any help or advice that you care to give.

Hippiewan

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right now after reading and learning more on the forums, I am asking myself, did I go too far in my credit repair too quickly?  Should I have fixed just a few things and monitored my score, which I actually did but saw no improvement so I tried to fix more.  Never heard of rebucketing before now, is that what happened?  Is there anything that I can do in the short-term or is this something only time can fix.  I only ask because I am tired of waiting, dispute and wait, dispute again and wait.

I have spent 3 to 4 months repairing my credit and it is a major disappointment to have all that time be wasted and have my score actually decline because of my efforts.  I seriously have worked daily on this for at least the past 2 months.  On hold, faxing, disputing, researching.

Can't take anymore, need some advise.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Vee and Robert,

Thank you for your advice Robert but Vee is right.  I was successful in having this removed.  Vee, I get my scores from MyFico, I know they are the only true scores.  I think I know what is killing me right now, but if you don't mind a little history.  This is regarding my Transunion score, which was my median score at the time.

Original Transunion report dated Mar, 09 showed:

Public record:  State Tax Lien

AA= 9

1 CC with 2 late payments over 24 months old

1 store card that was listed as CO/Bad Debt

1 collection account from store card

5 seperate listings from 2 student loans that went into default:

2 from OC

3 from CA

1 Medical Collection Account

score = 635

Currently after have read this forum and others I have been able to reduce all of this to this:

July, 09

AA = 4

4 listings from 2 student loans that went into default:

2 from OC

2 from CA

I have removed the CC from a neg to pos by having the lates removed.  Moved the store card from a neg to pos and removed collection listing for said card.  Had medical collection removed and had state tax lien - filed in error removed from my account.

score = 593

How is that possible, that is were I am at and why I am frustrated.  I have gone from 9 negative accounts to 4 and my score has dropped.  I also have taken my CC util from about 50% down to about 9%, but still waiting on 1 card to report new balance.

I said that I think I know the problem and here it is the CA for my student loans, which I am in repayment on since February through a different company, I believe started reporting this as a collection account monthly for late payments.

Current MyFico /Hurting my score/:

Serious Delinquency

Recent Missed Payment

Bad Payment History

Past Due Balances

Old MyFico Report:

Delinquency + Public Record

Bad Payment History

High Credit Usage

High Account Balances

Sorry for the wealth of information but I have gone as far as I can on my own and need advice on how to proceed from this point.  Thank you for any help or advice that you care to give.

Hippiewan

No, this isn't a result of rebucketing. The areas in red above seem to be your main problems. If I had to guess I would say that the way the CA is reporting is the main culprit. How was this reporting before?  Are there 2  CAs reporting this same debt?

The other main change I see is your AA went from 9 yrs. to 4 yrs. Not sure how much this hurt, but could also be a factor.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry that is my bad use of abbr.

By AA I meant adverse account not average age.

9 adverse accounts down to 4

My average age actually went from 7 to 8 yrs.  With my oldest account at 18 yrs.

This is actually 2 seperate student loans, 2 seperate quarters with one lender that went into default so now it is listed as 4 derogitory accounts.  2 from the original loans and 2 from the collection company, which was reporting it as 3 accounts until I disputed it and I think that is when they may have changed how it was being reported but am still looking into that.  If that is the case do you see anything that I can do to have it reported differently so it doesn't kill my credit.  I am currently in repayment on the loans but have 4 more months of payments before the loans are considered rehabbed and will come out of default.  I even asked about just paying off the balances in full but they tell me it will still take 90 to 120 days for them to report that.

Thank you for all the help!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I think I may have suspected the wrong account, I maybe should have been looking at the original loan account as the culprit.  I have looked line for line between the 2 reports at the adverse accounts and the only difference that I am seeing is the original account has changed the pay status from Payment after charge off/collection to 120 days past due, however it is showing as a closed account.  Could this be the reason for MyFico to be reporting me with recent missed payments even though I have none and have improved my account immensely?

That is what is showing on my recent score pull, recent missed payments, however, I have none so I am trying to track down the culprit that dropped my score 50 points when everything has been improved.  Negative accounts from 9 to 4.  Total balance owed dropped, past due amount dropped, problem accounts dropped and total utilization dropped dramatically.  Unfortunately, so did my score.  Thank you again for you help.

Hippiewan

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.