Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reporting question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

reporting question

Maybe this forum knows this answer - have tried the mortgage and rebuilding forums.

My mortgage payments are different for EX, TU and EQ match, and none of them seem to match the payment dates the loan servicer has in its own documentation. The loan servicer told me they report the same way to each CRA. I'm trying to decipher it.

Do the CRAs go by date of payment or how late you are in a month. In other words, say I don't pay June for two months. Do they wait till August and report June once the payment comes in, or do they mark June as 30 and July 60? 

They are also just now reporting my November payment. I've been current now for a while, so I can't figure out what it should read as.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: reporting question

Without specifics, here goes a try. If you were late in June and July, but got caught up in August, you would be reported 60 dpd for June and 30 dpd for July. They may or may not report your June 30 dpd in July. They may also report the total past due in your payment section. So, if your payment is $1,000/month and you don't pay in June and July, by August the report may very well show $3,000 due. The CRAs aren't always synced up on their reporting. They each have their own timeframe in which they report.

HTH

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.