Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revolving accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

revolving accounts

I also have 4 very old accounts that have not been used in years (store cards ) that have $0 balance but are still open/active. I plan never to use them. I know they will stay on my report but would it be best to close them at my request? would it help or hinder my score?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: revolving accounts

My experience is that having zero balances on all your accounts hurts you. If you have 4 accounts, let 1 or maybe 2 of them report a small ( < 3% ) balance each month. And rotate them. FICO likes to see that you know how to responsibly use the credit you have available to you.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 2 of 4
wmarat
Valued Contributor

rachel37 wrote:
I also have 4 very old accounts that have not been used in years (store cards ) that have $0 balance but are still open/active. I plan never to use them. I know they will stay on my report but would it be best to close them at my request? would it help or hinder my score?

I would not close old positive trade line, especially if you do not have AF. Use them once in a while.
IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Find a nice sock drawer and keep them there. If you cancel them they stick around for 10 years but after that you will loose the avg age. I'd want to hang on to them.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.