Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revolving accounts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

revolving accounts

if i have revolving accounts that are eiher charged off does it make since to still pay the creditors if the accounts have been closed by them or should i just not pay and let them fall off? The best action from the credit stimulaor was to pay any open or revolving account down.

please help
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: revolving accounts

sasseo wrote:
if i have revolving accounts that are eiher charged off does it make since to still pay the creditors if the accounts have been closed by them or should i just not pay and let them fall off? The best action from the credit stimulaor was to pay any open or revolving account down.

please help

If the debts have been charged off there is still a possibility that they will be sold to collection agencies further damaging your scores.  I would call and request status on the accounts and maybe request a rehabilitation plan similar to Amex's Oasis

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok.... but what is amex's oasis...sorry but i am new at this :-)
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

sasseo wrote:

Sorry.. I think its a great program Amex has for customers rehabilitating their cards.  They allow them to open whats called an Oasis card and the balance is transferred once they pay it off they can reapply for the old type of card they have.  Can't use the Oasis card in the meantime though.

Great way to collect their money and retain custys

Message 4 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

sasseo wrote:

American Express Oasis Program
888-232-3261
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.