Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score difference?

tag
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

score difference?

ok im confused, i thought the scores from myfico were actual fico scores,and the scores lenders see.   i got my tu score and report 7/9 from  the quartly mointering service on this site, according to the report my score was 676, i pulled my EU report via my fico on 7/12 and that was 674 so around 7/18 i figured i would apply for a discover card, i had one in the past was late on it and the account was closed but never charged off and i eventaully paid it in full. when i applied i got the dreaded 5-7 day message, thought for sure i was blacklisted,but i called them up and they just wanted to confirm some info and approved be but with a higher interest rate than i applied at- not too concerned because i dont want to carry big balances, if any, anyway.  last night i get home and i got the disclosure statement and they have my transunion score at 647!  A 29 POINT DIFFERENCE just 9 days later?????? i made no other apps, balances should be about the same on all the cards if they go off last statement balance, and even if any updated the bal. would be about the same or lower on all but my amx and that would have only gone up by maybe 200. right now i am carrying a small balance on my cards but my ult is only around 10%   i thought i was finally getting close to getting over that 700 mark now not so sure, and wondering if this service is even worth it.

has anyone else had a similar experence or can you shed any light on the big differences between myfico and acutal lender pull score?

Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
AshCas
Regular Contributor

Re: score difference?

This site uses TU98 - an older version.  Most lenders are using TU04 at this point. 

Message 2 of 7
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

wow is all i can say, i emailed the same question to customer service, they said cant help via email we need to ask some questions call us, so i just called and the rep was clueless all she could say is scores can change because its based on the info ava at the time the report is requested, and went on to tell me the some balances went up, but she was citing the difference from the old report to the 7/9 report, i said the increases are minor and its not like i maxed out all my lines and told her the balances she is referencing are the ones that are in fact on the 7/9 report,  and she went back into her script i told her i will call back. hopefully i can get someone with a brain. i think we should have the option to see the various scores that are out there for us. too bad this will prob lead to them loosing a customer, whats the point of paying for a product that isn't giving us good info, this is no better than FACKO scores in my opnion

Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 3 of 7
Tristate
Contributor

It's cases like yours giving me pause to get really excited about my higher FICO scores than the scores from USAA CMS.

Maybe my FICO scores ARE little off? I hope not :-)

AMEX BCE 10K; BARCLAYS REWARDS 10K; CITI ANYWHERE 8K; DISCOVER 7,5K;CAP ONE VENTURE 9K;MERRICK BANK 2,3K; MACY'S 1,2K; WALMART-SYNCRONY 450$.
BK7 DISCHARGED IN 2011. FICO 8 NOW IN LOW 700S.
Message 4 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Also, Discover probably pulled a credit-enhanced industry option which is yet again different than the base Classic score, which both pulls are from here.

Personally I don't find value in tracking the TU98 score, so I pull it maybe twice a year for giggles.  Really, as long as your report is pretty, you'll have a nice score regardless of the FICO version, or even FAKO, in use.  The EQ score found here is probably the best barometer for a lender pull, and is exactly the EQ provided score on a mortgage app.

        
Message 5 of 7
GregB
Valued Contributor

Non-FICO scores, commonly called FAKOs are worthless.

FICO scores are worth MUCH more but there are quite a few different FICO scores and you can't make the assumption that they will match unless you know the versions they will use on your application.

All mortgages will pull the same exact FICO version from each CRA. The EQ FICO will match the one sold here. The TU will be one version later.

If it isn't a mortgage, it can be one of those versions or the latest FICO. It can also be the industry enhanced version of one of those.

I would not assume that a difference of 29 points is significant when you don't know the FICO version that they will use on your application. Consider that to be almost exactly the same. Better to think of your score in general terms like A, B, C, D, and F.

Message 6 of 7
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

thanks for the additional info, i called back later in the day got someone that alluded to the same thing discover is most likely not using the classic model,  but kept going back to well the info can change from day to day. it just irks me that the reps dont seem to know much and follow a pretty standard script, the rep wouldn't say how many different models are out there,  but she stressed "we are the company that developed the model" but a small % lenders modify it, i def felt like she was tryin to steer me into buying an updated score but i assume she picked up that wasn't going to be happening.. my take away is its a shell game and the myfico people are the ones movin the shells; and to take the scores they provide on here w/ a grain of salt. because at this point i really doubt what they are selling is any better than the so called fake ficos. just disappointing because i basically incinerated my credit a few yrs ago and just finally thought i was making progress and this makes me question just how much i really made. i have pretty much everything bad but BK showing, i paid most of them in full but have 2 settled less than full, but thankfully 90% of the bad should fall off by this time next year according the annual credit report, cant wait to see how much my score plumets then because my avg age will prob go from 7 yrs to maybe 3, but i wont have lates at least so im hoping my score doesn't fall off a cliff, thats the only reason i am keeping my crappy cards open, to build history

Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.