Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score differences

tag
PRILEY
Regular Contributor

score differences

How much does an old paid tax lien and judgement account for?

Right now my scores are Experian Fair Isacs 2 is 739 Trans Union Empirica 950 is 746 and the there's Equifax Beacon 5.0 at 694, This is the only one the liens show up on. the liens should come off in november and december this year. I'm in the process of a refi, and he said they use the middle score so I guess I'm alright but I was just wondering if these 6yr 10 mo liens are worth 50 points and then all will be close then?

Message Edited by PRILEY on 09-18-2009 02:04 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: score differences

Where did you obtain your scores?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will take all 3 FICO scores and take the adv. You can only get TU and EQ  FICO scores here. No one but a creditor can get an EX FICO score.

Judgments drop 7 years from date filed and liens date paid. Everything ages as FICO uses the last update to use for scores.

Message 3 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Many lenders use the middle score.
Message 4 of 9
PRILEY
Regular Contributor

I got the scores from the bank, I realize they drop off in 7 years, what I was asking is do they mean 50 pts since they will be gone in 1 to 2 months.
Message 5 of 9
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

@PRILEY wrote:
I got the scores from the bank, I realize they drop off in 7 years, what I was asking is do they mean 50 pts since they will be gone in 1 to 2 months.

Yes. PR's are serious derog's. If these are the last negative items reporting you could possibly see a 50 point increase. You will achieve a double benefit here: 1) You will lose two major derog's -and- 2) if these are the only two derog's reporting you will move from a negative scoring bucket to a positive scoring bucket. If the information reporting on the three CBR's is identical the scores should be comparable, but not necessarily identical. There should no longer be a 50 point range of difference.
Message 6 of 9
iluvbillpay
New Visitor

I owe the fed gov appx 50k. If I refi the feds will put a lien on my house. I have quite a bit of equity in my home however; due to the many inquiries myfico score is only 643. Even though I have no delinquent accts????

Message 7 of 9
p-
Valued Contributor

@iluvbillpay wrote:

I owe the fed gov appx 50k. If I refi the feds will put a lien on my house. I have quite a bit of equity in my home however; due to the many inquiries myfico score is only 643. Even though I have no delinquent accts????

You should start your own thread if you have a new question, and be a little more clear on what you are trying to ask.  You will get more answers.

Message 8 of 9
Booner72
Senior Contributor

You can look at my signature below  to see my scores.  My Experien is much higher because the judgment I have is not on that report, but is on the other 2.  My judgment is from 2/2010.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.