Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score drop

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

score drop

I'll start with the good news. I have been disputing a couple things with transunion (EX is still pending). One was a Capital One CC which I never opened nor was a AU on it. So That came off my CR. (Capital one is actually investating it also) and two was a college on the other side of the U.S which I have never attended and this one was actually in my collection section and that one came off also.

Bad news, my credit score was 585 and it dropped to 579. I know its not alot,but its  alot further to my goal now. But I guess it's kinda good cuz it now shows less debt, I dunno?

Also I have scorewatch, why didn't that detect that much info falling off my report?!?!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

Re: score drop

Glad to at least hear the good news...every little bit helps.

There is a forum "myFICO product feedback" or something like that...I'd suggest asking the question about why no alerts on that board. There is a moderator there who can explain the whys and why nots of things that alert or don't alert. I've learned a lot about my FICO on that forum.

Message 2 of 3
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Re: score drop

The triggering mechanism doesn't notice deletions of tradelines. If you set the options correctly it can pick up the score drop. Set the other SW options to a very small change and the score option to exactly equal your current score. Those settings work best. Sometimes things that should be alerted aren't at all or are very much later. I have not explanation for that other that the pass must be made through the files once a week or so.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.