Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score dropped 66 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

score dropped 66 points

Signed up for score watch and got an EQ report on 6/11/09 with a score of 748.  Total running revolving credit was $10215 or 43%.  

Received a score alert on 7/4/09 that my score had dropped 66 pointsSmiley Sad.  I was floored so I ordered a report.  The running revolving credit balance was listed as $10112.  This is being listed as a "negative" aspect to my credit score.  

One of my cards  (HSBC retail card with 0% interest) was dropped from 3000 to 1305, which put my usage at $1105... 

My question is, does this seem feasible?  Would losing that much of my credit result in such a drastic drop????

Thanks in advance... as this is my first post Smiley Happy 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: score dropped 66 points

Looking at your 2 EQ FICO reports, before and after, do you see any changes other than the util to the positive and negative factors listed on pages 2 or 3?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

the only difference that I noticed is that my overall util average went from 43% to 46% and then the it reported "too many cards are carrying balances". Balance on 1 card went from 0 to approx 200.  All other cards went down, but I think that CLD from 3000 to 1305 hit me hard.
Message 3 of 5
cobra19
Valued Contributor

66 points sounds like 2 public records.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No public records... no lates... no charge offs.... im just really trying to figure it out

Credit report from 6/11/09 notes:

You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.

You recently opened a new credit account.

Under credit-at-a-glance it noted "Your revolving accounts $10,215" with overall 9 balances (including student loans)

Credit report from 7/4/09 notes:

You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.

You have too many credit cards carrying balances.

The amount owed on your revolving accounts is too high.

Under credit-at-a-glance it noted "Your revolving accounts $10112" and still had 9 balances showing.

I can only see the 2nd negative added on the 7/4/09 report, even though it says I have the exact same number of credit cards carrying balances. 

Message Edited by tresa03 on 07-25-2009 01:41 PM
Message Edited by tresa03 on 07-25-2009 01:42 PM
Message Edited by tresa03 on 07-25-2009 01:42 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.